· Sunday, Nov 20th at 1pm in Corvallis is the unit game with a 0-199er side section, and this game awards extra points.
2) Two Swiss Team games at the end of November:
· Tuesday, Nov 29th at 7pm in Corvallis a GNT qualifying Swiss team game. This game awards extra points. NOTE: Tuesday night players: the 4th Tuesday is a pairs game and the 5th Tuesday is the team game this month.
· Wednesday, Nov 20th at 1pm in Corvallis a GNT qualifying Swiss team game. This game awards extra points.
3) Coached practice for newer players:
· Coached practice is back by popular demand between class sessions! This format is ideal for newer players!
Come practice bidding and playing you’re your friends.
Experienced players will be available to answer your questions! Experienced players: please respond to this email if you are interested in volunteering to be a table coach on any of the days listed below! Coached practice is from 10am – noon on the following Thursdays. Cost is $5.
o Thursday, Nov 17th
o Thursday, Dec 1st
o Thursday, Dec 15th
4) 299er Tournament Summary and Thank-Yous
299er tournament last weekend was a huge success at 42.5 tables! What a
great event! Pictures are coming soon to the club’s Facebook page! We
had pairs from the coast, Salem, and Eugene thanks to Gayle Peterson’s
outreach efforts! Walter Dobek, Toni and Milt Donelson, Rich Turnbull,
Bryon van Fleet, Sue and Cliff Fairchild and others made sure things
were set up and cleaned up for all our guests! The food spread was
amazing, thanks to Catherine van Fleet, Janie Peery, Jackie Grattan,
Valerie Caldwell, and Sue and Cliff Fairchild. Thank-you to everyone
who brought and donated tasty dishes for tournament goers to enjoy!
Elaine Cull arranged fabulous door prizes, and Jackie Grattan
coordinated the Sunday lunch orders. Anne Ong expertly ensured that
everyone had a partner and Kathleen Petrucela oversaw the entire
tournament as the tournament coordinator! When you next see any of
these folks, please thank them for making our tournament such a success!
Thanks would not be complete without a big thank you to Eileen
Milligan, who expertly directed all four sessions.
addition, the computer crashed Saturday morning of the tournament, with
18 tables of people ready to play! Thanks to a host of techie and
knowledgeable folks including Dennis Harms, Jan Boger, Bob Peery and
Mary Alice, who worked together to fix the problem and also the scored
the Saturday sessions manually with travelers! Rick Garvin and Dick
Jarvinen ensured the results were available and posted to the web!
Thank you to all these folks for your dedication to the cause to make
the tournament run smoothly under unexpected circumstances.
5) Games available for charity sponsorship:
in the club may sponsor a charity game, with funds benefit the local
charity of your choice. Players get extra points, and your contribution
to sponsor the game is fully donated to your charity. The following
dates are days we could have charity games:
· Friday, Nov 11th at 7pm in Corvallis
· Tuesday Nov 20th at 1 pm in Corvallis
· Friday Dec 2nd at 7pm in Corvallis
· Wednesday, Dec 21st at 1pm in Corvallis
· Friday, Dec 23rd at 1pm in Corvallis
If you are interested in sponsoring a charity game, you may reply to this email.
6) Changes to game results
There were several changes to the game results from last Friday morning (Nov 4th) and Tuesday afternoon (Nov 1st).